Trillanes Natameme Sa Sagot Ni Paolo Duterte Sa Mga Tanong Niya Sa Senate Hearing!

advertisements

Davao Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte and President Rodrigo Duterte's son-in-law lawyer Manases Carpio attended the senate hearing of the P6.4-billion worth of shabu shipment from China.

Senate Blue Ribbon Committee Chair Richard Gordon last week invited the two to answer the allegations linking them to the "Davao Group," which allegedly bribes Bureau of Customs (BOC) employees to ease movement of shipments.

Gordon earlier argued with Senator Antonio Trillanes IV as to whether the committee will summon the younger Duterte and Carpio.

Gordon said there is no need to invite the two as there was no clear evidence against them, but Trillanes argued otherwise, prompting Gordon to threaten him with an ethics complaint.

The day after the hearing, self-confessed Customs fixer Mark Taguba cleared the two from alleged involvement. 

Meanwhile, MalacaƱang said the attendance of Duterte and Carpio signified their readiness to refute "malicious" claims meant to "impugn their character and credibility."

"Today’s appearance of Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte and Atty. Manases Carpio before the Senate blue ribbon committee demonstrates that both gentlemen are willing and ready to face malicious allegations intended to impugn their character and credibility," Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said in a statement.

On September 1, President Duterte told his son, Paolo, to attend the Senate inquiry but invoke "right to silence."

Trillanes was the one who linked the younger Duterte and Carpio to smuggling but the two denied the allegations.

The Chief Executive, on September 5, was confident that his son and son-in-law could belie the senator's allegations hurled against them.

"Trillanes has been throwing garbage to my family even during the election. He's been accusing Pulong (Paolo) of being a smuggler even before I was not a president," Duterte said.

"I just said, 'If you do not commit mistakes, why don't you go there?" he added.
Abella said the President would not meddle in the ongoing Senate inquiry as he was confident that the two accused can defend themselves.

"The President has said in numerous occasions that he would not interfere and he believes that both gentlemen, Vice Mayor Duterte and Atty Carpio, can hold their own at the Senate," Abella said.
advertisements

Source: Youtube, News 5

LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE MGA KA-DDS

Loading...

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.