WATCH: Alejano Napahiya Sa House Committee On Justice Hearing Ng Impeachment Complaint Against Pres. Duterte!
The House committee on justice heared the impeachment complaint filed by Magdalo Representative Gary Alejano against President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday noon, May 15.
Alejano found himself in a hotseat after being grilled by Majority Leader Rodolfo Fariñas about his personal knowledge of the accusations he made against Duterte.
Below was the highlights of the House committee on justice hearing as compiled by CNN Philippines:
- Justice Committee Chair Rey Umali: It will be in the best interest of the nation to resolve this case without delay
- Rep. Fredenil Castro: Causes of action are based on causes that were already existing at the time of filing
- Lawmakers question supplemental impeachment complaint
- Supplemental complaint contains issues on maritime rights
- House to determine sufficiency in form of complaint
- Rep. Gary Alejano: I have no personal knowledge of killings
- Umali explains difference between personal knowledge vs. hearsay: "Hearsay will not stand in trial."
- Rep. Rudy Fariñas to Alejano: You will be wasting our time here. How can we bring this forward if all your information is hearsay?
- Fariñas to Alejano: If your complaint is not your own, let another person be the complainant and then you endorse
- Fariñas: The purpose of verification is to secure assurance from the complainant that info is true and correct, not speculative
- Fariñas to Alejano: You're testifying for another person. Dapat si Matobato, Lascañas nalang ang nag testify
- Alejano: I don't have personal knowledge of Davao killings, only based on records of witnesses
- Fariñas: Statements without personal knowledge not allowed
- Fariñas: Claims are not based on authentic records
- Alejano: My allegations are based on authentic records
- Rep. Doy Leachon: This is not a mere procedure. This is a constitutional requirement.
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE MGA KA-DDS